Help us reduce the huge numbers of animals that end up in our shelter every week. There are so many that most are never able to be placed in homes. Have all your pets spayed or neutered. Pets altered early in life have a reduced rate of reproductive cancers.
For those of modest means we have a *low cost pet spay/neuter program ($15-30). If your total household income is below $35,000, we may be able to help.
Bring the following items in order to set up your appointment:
- Proof of household income (pay stubs, Social Security Docs., Support, etc).
- Proof of residency (utility bill, lease papers, etc).
- Current state issued ID (drivers’ license, etc).
- Proof of rabies vaccine (plus any other vaccines given in the last 6 months).
- Bring in your animal for a pre-surgical exam (no charge).
Payment IS due when setting up your appointment.
- Male cat: $10
- Female cat: $20
- Male dog: $15
- Female dog under 40 pounds: $25
- Female dog over 40 pounds: $30
Hours of Operation: - Tuesday to Saturday, 12 (Noon) – 6 p.m.
Call (850) 595-3075 for more information or email the shelter here.
*March 4, 2014: The low cost spay and neuter program is currently on hold due to staffing at the Animal Shelter